Manulift E.M.I. Ltée / Manulift E.M.I. Ltd (“Manulift” or “we”) is committed to protecting the Personal Information (as defined
hereafter) it collects in the context of its business activities and relationships in accordance with this policy.
This policy describes:
– how we collect, use, disclose, retain and destroy the Personal Information of our clients, current, former and prospective
employees, as well as users of our Site (as defined hereafter), our suppliers and subcontractors (“You”);
– the types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide by visiting https://www.manulift.ca (our
“Site”); or any other of our services that involve the transmission of Personal Information; and
– our practices in terms of the collection, use, disclosure, retention and destruction of this information.
We will only collect, use, disclose, retain and destroy your Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Laws (the “Laws”).
agree to the collection, use, disclosure and retention of your Personal Information by Manulift in accordance with this agreement.
We define personal information as any information concerning an identified or identifiable person, including information that may be
used alone or in combination with other information to identify, contact or locate a single person, excluding information that is not
considered Personal Information under the various Acts (the “Personal Information”).
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Namely, we collect and process the following Personal Information:
– Identity and contact information: your name, age, mailing address, email address, telephone number, username or
other similar identifier, credit card number, social insurance number, etc.;
– Billing Information;
– Information related to the business nature;
– Profile and usage data;
– Applications (CV and cover letter).
In addition, we may collect Personal Information through cookies or similar technologies including, namely:
– your IP address;
– Your cookie IDs;
– your web browser;
– your geographic location;
– the web pages you visit on our Site;
– The ads you watched or clicked on.
3. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your Personal Information as follows:
– when you contact us by phone, email or other electronic means;
– when you or your company fills out a form, makes a request, interacts with or navigates through our Site or other online
– through automated technologies or interactions when browsing our Site. The information collected automatically may
include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking
– through third parties or publicly available sources, such as our business partners;
– By logging into a social network, e.g. using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials to create an account or sign in.
A. Personal information you provide to us
The Personal Information we collect directly from you through our Site may include:
– Personal Information you provide by completing forms on our Site. This includes Personal Information provided at the
time of registration to use our Site or the request for submissions or information. We may also request Personal
Information when you participate in a contest or promotion that we sponsor and when you report a problem with our
– records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
– your search queries on the Site.
B. Personal information we collect through cookies and other automated data collection technologies
your equipment, browsing actions and habits, namely:
– the details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the
resources you access and use on the Website;
– information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and on third-party websites or other
online services (behavioural monitoring).
The Personal Information we automatically collect is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may retain
or associate it with Personal Information we collect by other means. They help us improve our Site and provide better, more
personalized service, namely to:
– estimate our audience size and usage models;
– store information regarding your preferences, which allows us to customize our Site based on your individual interests;
– speed up your searches;
– recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
– Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. You can refuse to accept
browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting in your browser. However, if you select this setting, you may not
emit cookies when you direct your browser to our Site.
– Web beacons. The pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also
referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow the Company, for example, to count users who have
visited these pages or opened an email, and to establish other statistics related to the Site (for example, to record the
popularity of certain content on the Site and to verify the integrity of the system and server).
4. PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information to:
a) recruit, select and hire, where appropriate, the person concerned;
b) Conduct our business activities;
c) present our Site and its content;
d) provide the information, products or services you request from us;
e) to achieve the objectives for which you provided the information or which were described in its collection, or any other
purpose for which you provide it;
f) Fulfil our obligations and assert our rights under any contract with you, including payment, invoicing, recovery or
processing of employment applications;
g) comply with legal requirements or court orders;
h) inform you of any changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
i) Improve our Site, products or services, marketing or client relationships and experiences;
j) Allow you to participate in interactive functions, social media or similar functions on our Site;
k) measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we distribute to you and others, and provide you with
l) for purposes required by law;
m) for any other purpose, with your consent.
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you about our goods and services, or those of third parties that may be of
interest to you, to the extent permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this manner, please email
us at [email protected].
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Manulift may disclose your Personal Information:
– to its subsidiaries and affiliates;
– in accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the case of a merger, shareholder withdrawal,
restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or any other sale or transfer of any or all of the assets/shares, whether in the
course of a lawsuit or bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information about you held by
Manulift forms part of the transferred assets;
– We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties, advertisers and advertising networks that need this information
to select and deliver advertisements relevant to you and others;
– subcontractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search
engine service providers that help us improve and optimize the Site) and who are contractually bound to maintain the
confidentiality of Personal Information, use Personal Information only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
and to treat the Personal Information according to the same standards as those set out in this policy;
– to achieve the purpose for which you provided them;
– for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
– with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
– when required for Manulift’s internal operations;
– to comply with any court order, law or judicial process, including any government or regulatory request, in accordance
with applicable law;
– if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or security of Manulift, our clients or
others. This includes the exchange of information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud
protection and credit risk reduction.
6. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Here are the choices of mechanisms to give you the following control over your information:
– Tracking technologies and advertising. You can configure your browser to refuse all or some cookies, or to warn you
when cookies are sent. For more information on tracking technologies, see Information we collect through cookies and
other automatic data collection technologies.
– Promotional offers from the company. If you have chosen to receive certain emails from us, but no longer wish to have
your email address used by Manulift to promote our products or services or those of third parties, you can unsubscribe
by emailing us at [email protected]. If we sent you a promotional email, you can unsubscribe by clicking on
the unsubscribe link that we included in the email. [This opt-out option does not apply to information provided to the
company in connection with the purchase of a product, the registration of a warranty, a service experience related to a
product or other transactions.
We do not control the collection or use of your Information by third parties to deliver interest-based advertising. However, these third
parties may provide you with ways to choose not to see your information collected or used in this manner. You can simultaneously
disable cookies from multiple third-party ad networks and servers using a deactivation tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance
of Canada and/or a deactivation tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these websites to learn
more about online behavioural advertising and how to prevent websites from placing cookies on your device. Network exclusion
does not mean that you will no longer receive advertisements online. This means that the network you have renounced will no longer
broadcast advertisements that are tailored to your preferences and web usage habits.
7. DATA SECURITY
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic and administrative measures designed
to protect your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We store
all Personal Information you provide to us behind firewalls on secure servers. All payment transactions and other information, if any,
will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depend on you. You are responsible for the confidentiality of the password
you have chosen to access certain parts of our Site and/or other platforms. We ask that you not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of Personal Information via the Internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect
your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted on our Site. Any transmission
of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of the privacy settings or security measures
contained on the Site.
8. DATA RETENTION
Unless otherwise authorized or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your Personal Information for the period
necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including to meet any legal or accounting requirements.
Under certain circumstances, we may make your Personal Information anonymous so that it can no longer be associated with you.
We reserve the right to use this anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without your knowledge or
9. CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. No person under the age of 13 may provide Personal Information on the
Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, do not
use or provide Personal Information on this Site or on or through any of its functions, do not register on the Site, do not make
purchases through the Site, do not use the interactive features or public comments of this Site, and do not provide us with Personal
Information about you, including your name, address, phone number, your email address or any screen name or username you may
use. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of
parental consent, we will delete that information. If you think we may hold Personal Information originating from or about a child
under the age of 13, please contact us at: [email protected].
10. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed of any changes
to your Personal Information.
If you wish to consult, verify, correct or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information, you can also send us an
email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete the Personal Information you have provided to us.
We may ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity and right of access, and to provide you with the Personal
Information we have about you or to make any changes you request. Applicable law may authorize or require us to refuse to give
you access to any or all of the Personal Information we have about you, or we may have destroyed, erased or anonymized your
personal information in accordance with our records retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to
your Personal Information, we will provide you with the reasons for this, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will give you access to your Personal Information, subject to the exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation
If you are concerned about our response or wish to correct the Personal Information provided, you may contact our CPO.
11. WITHDRAWAL OF YOUR CONSENT
When you have given your consent to the collection, use and transfer of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw
all or part of your consent. To do so, contact us at [email protected].
In such a case, we may not be able to provide you with the requested service, implement your instructions or act on a contract with
you or that we are attempting to enter into.
Site’s home page. If we make significant changes to the way we process our users’ Personal Information, we will notify you by email
to the email address provided in your account or by means of a notice on the Site’s home page.
13. CONTACT AND COMPLIANCE INFORMATION
MANULIFT E.M.I. LTÉE / MANULIFT E.M.I. LTD
100, rue d’Anvers
Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures, Quebec G3A 1S4
Telephone: (418) 878-5424
MANULIFT has appointed a Chief Privacy Officer (“CPO”) to ensure compliance with the Privacy Acts. The CPO’s contact
information is as follows:
MANULIFT E.M.I. LTÉE / MANULIFT E.M.I. LTD
100, rue d’Anvers
Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures, Quebec G3A 1S4
Telephone: (418) 878-5424
E-mail: [email protected]
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or enquiries about our handling of Personal Information, our
compliance with this policy and applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy, please contact our CPO.
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies such as cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent can negatively affect certain features and functions.
Storage or technical access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
Storage or technical access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
Storage or technical access is necessary to create user profiles for sending advertisements or for tracking the user on a website or across multiple websites with similar marketing purposes.