Manulift - Toronto
Based at our Stoney Creek branch and reporting to the Shop Foreman, the Heavy Equipment Technician is primarily responsible for the diagnosing and repair of our machines. Manulift provides an exciting challenge by working on tasks from oil changes to complex electrical or hydraulic systems.
As a Heavy Equipment Technician with Manulift, you will benefit from continuous training, coaching, and will be able to use your creativity to work on innovative projects and on over 50+ different equipment models!
We are the Canadian leader in telescopic forklifts and are experiencing a significant national expansion. Working at Manulift means joining a team of enthusiasts and seeing that your daily actions have a direct impact on the success of the company. We are known for providing innovative solutions that optimize the productivity and profitability of local businesses.
- Complete diagnostics, repairs, and preventive maintenance on our equipment while maintaining the highest standard of safety and quality;
- Complete work orders electronically and ensures work is coded correctly for invoicing;
- Electronically look up parts, manuals, schematics, etc.;
- Order the necessary parts to complete a repair;
- Conduct safety checks on equipment;
- Perform recalls and service bulletins;
- Occasionally work as part of a team to complete larger scoped repairs;
- Communicate with Shop Foreman regarding delays in repairs and challenges;
- Keep neat and organized records of services and work in process;
- Keep workspace neat, organized, clean, and tidy.
Experience & desired skills:
- A relevant license is considered an asset (421A, 310T, 310S);
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Experience reading schematics (Electrical and hydraulic);
- Strong knowledge in hydraulic, electric, and electronic;
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills;
- High level of comfort in using a computer daily;
- Good organization and time management skills;
- Customer service-oriented.
- Competitive salary;
- Opportunity to do extra hours;
- Modern workshop with an on-site parts department;
- Continuous training and access to technical support;
- Generous tool credit program;
- Virtual Medical Services 24/7 (EQ Care), group insurance and RRSP;
- Membership credit for a gym or a physical activity;
- Career advancement opportunities across Canada.
*Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
*In this document, the masculine gender is used solely for stylistic purposes
To apply for this job email your details to Jessica.Santos@manulift.ca